Thursday, January 26, 2012

Something to celebrate (again)


I've just finished washing up post Burns night supper - we ate a lot of Haggis, recited a modest amount of poetry, had a few drams, had some fudge, and in my case a spoon to much of cranachan (with rhubarb - I love that stuff, but my god it's rich). Before the Scottish one I was ambivalent about Haggis but he loves it and I've learnt to. I truly love Burns night though, it's such an easy dinner to cook so there's no stress, and it's great to have something to look forward to at the end of January. It's been noticeably lighter the last few evenings, spring is on it's way even if it'll be a while in getting here which is something worth marking with friends and a celebration. Also how good it is it to have a night dedicated to a poet? And with Whisky! We need more of it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment